xrick - version #021212
Copyright (C) 1998-2002 BigOrno (email@example.com)
** LICENSE AGREEMENT & LEGAL BABLE
I have written the xrick code. However, graphics and maps and sounds
are by the authors of the original Rick Dangerous game, and "Rick
Dangerous" remains a trademark of its owner(s) -- maybe Core Design
(who wrote the game) or FireBird (who published it). As of today, I
have not been successful at contacting Core Design.
This makes it a bit difficult to formally release the whole code,
including data for graphics and maps and sounds, under the terms of
licences such as the GNU General Public Licence. So the code is
released "in the spirit" of the GNU GPL. Whatever that means.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY
or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Build: ./config; make
Usage: 'xrick -help' will tell you all about command-line options.
- left, right, up (jump) or down (crawl): arrow keys or Z, X, O and K.
- fire: SPACE, end: E, pause: P, exit: ESC.
- use left, right, up, down + fire to poke something with your stick,
lay a stick of dynamite, or fire a bullet.
- toggle fullscreen: F1 ; zoom in/out: F2, F3.
- mute: F4 ; volume up/down: F5, F6.
- cheat modes, "trainer": F7 ; "never die": F8 ; "expose": F9.
More details at http://www.bigorno.net/xrick/.
Report problems, or ask questions, to firstname.lastname@example.org.